Reporting to the Hospital Director, the job holder is responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative support to facilitate efficient provision of medical care in the Hospital.
Responsibilities of a Hospital Administrator
· Acts as chief advisor to the hospital Director in development and implementation of Hospital’s programs, policies and procedures;
· Responsible for developing and directing the implementation of policies and programs in the Hospital;
· Ensure alignment of the Hospital Strategic Plan to achieve both long term and short-term goals
· Responsible for the daily operation of the Hospital by meeting with various departments and ensuring the staff, facilities, schedules and flow of work is optimally carried out
Budgeting and Procurement
· Participates in the budgeting of the Hospital activities with a view of achieving proper controls;
· Creating business strategies in line with the hospital budget to ensure viability of the hospital.
· In liaison with the Procurement officer review purchases requisitions, LPO and quotations for timely approval by the director to ensure timely Purchases of Medical and Other Consumables needed in the hospital;
Facility and equipment management
· In charge of the Transport, Maintenance, repairs and Bio-medical engineering Units;
· Ensures availability of transport (ambulances, utility vehicle) in the hospital;
· Upkeep of Hospital infrastructure, equipment, vehicles, legal documents and ensuring availability when required;
· Oversees accurate and timely management the hospital asset and inventory register;
Human Resource management
· Oversee the performance of all employees through a robust performance management system.
· Responsible for the supervision of all the hospital employees;
· Spearheads culture change to improve the Hospital image;
· Responsible for excellent upkeep of sanitation of hospital for a clean and amiable environment;
· Participates in staff recruitment process for the position approved by the director;
· Couching and guiding other employees on the hospital policies, rules, procedures and handling of disciplinary process
· Ensure proper documentation and safe custody of personal files and organisation documents
· Responsible for external and internal communication;
· Develops and ensures implementation of the service contract agreements for all hospital machines and equipment and other services etc;
· Secretary to the Hospital Management team and the Hospital Advisory Board or any other senior management committees;
· Ensures that, there is full compliance with the existing statutory requirements/ healthcare regulations and that all the necessary licenses are obtained in time;
· Ensure compliance with Health , safety and Environment within the facility and unsure compliance with the risk audits
· Resolve any conflicts that might arise from the Hospital operations;
· Promotes and maintains effective public relations with government, patients, relatives, suppliers, community and individuals;
· Ensure the hospital runs efficiently and delivers quality patient care.
· Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management, Nursing with valid Kenyan practicing license where applicable, Business Administration, Finance/Accounts, Human Resource, Information and Communication Technology, Public Health or any other relevant field.
· Postgraduate diploma/degree in Healthcare Management, Hospital Administration, Hospital Planning, Public Health, Health Economics, will be an added advantage.
· Working experience of at least five (5) years at managerial level in a busy, reputable hospital
· Person of high integrity, confidentiality, highly organized and decisive.
· Ability to work with strict deadlines.
· Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships.
· In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.