Reports to: Unit Head
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Job:
- Provide oversight of overall operational and administration of nursing and paramedical management in the hospital.
- Oversee and ensure planning of all nursing programmes, projects and activities in the hospital.
- Oversee and ensure the establishment of nursing service policies, procedures and practices in the hospital are of international standards.
- Provide leadership in the determination of clinical and administrative nursing and paramedical goals and direction.
- Ensure and contribute to an environment where professional collaboration is fostered through mutual respect and understanding.
- Provide leadership in and ensure that the nursing department provides opportunity for nursing research and training in collaboration with local, regional and global Institutions.
- Ensure the formulation and contribution of the nursing services component of the hospital strategic plans.
- Oversee and ensure strategic planning process for nursing department including the preparation of work plans for nursing operations, resource allocation, setting and attainment of goals.
- Ensure that the culture of Lifecare Hospitals nurses is team-based, fact-based customer-based and work towards achievement of the hospitals Vision.
- Ensure that International Nursing standards and practices are adopted and met in the hospital.
- Oversee the planning and availability of all resources required in the nursing department for the provision of timely quality nursing service delivery.
- Oversee and ensure performance appraisal and nursing training and development systems based on professional practice, standards, relevant statistics and regulations.
- Oversee and ensure Development, review and implementation of evidence-based policies, procedures and standards, evaluating their effectiveness in accordance with established programmes of supervision and evaluation, giving guidance as needed.
- Ensure that all nursing services are provided in accordance with established national, international and hospital nursing standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure the development of nursing indicators and performance indicators to monitor clinical practices and standards within their units.
- Ensure and lead continuous quality service improvement and accreditation initiatives, in-service education programs, unit meetings and committee functions as assigned.
- Oversee and ensure systematic evaluation of quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Assess quality of nursing and paramedical practices and patient care through data and provides feedback and directions to improve outcomes.
- Monitor practices of staff to ensure function within professional standards of practice.
- Ensure adherence to
the hospital referral policy and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a recognized university OR Diploma in Nursing from a recognized college
- Senior Management Professional.
- Post graduate or higher Diploma in any Nursing specializations
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Valid Practice License
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
Relevant WORK EXPERIENCE Required:
- At least 8 years working experience in the Senior Nursing Management position.