Door man (1)
Location: Homabay (1)
Salary Range: Ksh 20,000-30,000
We’re looking for people who thrive on stimulating new challenges and who will be encouraged to be themselves. And if you’ve never worked in the hospitality industry, no matter, as an injection of fresh perspectives from newcomers will help to keep us apart from the mainstream hotel herd.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Welcome customers upon entrance and confirm reservations
- Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information and attend to their wishes and requirements
- Understand customer’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions by suggesting activities and facilities provided by the hotel
- Acquire extensive knowledge of the premises and the nearby venues and businesses to make the most suitable recommendations
- Assist in arranging events, excursions, transportation etc. upon request from hotel residents
- Answer the phone and make reservations, take and distribute messages or mail and redirect calls
- Respond to complaints and find the appropriate solution
- Assist in carrying customer’s luggage when needed.
- Ability to multi-task and have excellent attention to detail.
- Expansive Knowledge of high-end properties within East Africa region.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanour.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Computer experience and the ability to use micro soft word and spreadsheet
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Strong Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Leadership skills and good management practices
- Diploma in hotel management or relevant field
- Proven experience as concierge; experience in customer service or relevant role is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
- Ability in multitasking and time-management
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply.