Our client is a leading 4-star hotel located in Mombasa. They seek to hire a seasoned and highly intelligent General Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of operations of the hotel to include day-to-day Client management and Staff. The incumbent should be an ambassador for the hotel brand to provide leadership and strategic planning for all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
Salary: 400 – 450K
To manage the Hotels management team (HOD’s) and achieve the overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. They will be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures and work closely with the hotel owners and other stakeholders.
• Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments and Coordination with HOD for the execution of all activities and functions.
• Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart
• Ensure full compliance with Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
• Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
• Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
• Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
• Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
• Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
• Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
• Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
• Maximizing room yield and hotels/resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
• Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
• Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
• Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
• Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
• Bachelors or Master degree in hotel management
• At least 10 to 15 years of senior experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience.
• Must have 3 years’ work experience as a General Manager in a high-end hotel
• Superior communication skills in English/ Swahili / French or German will be an added advantage.
• Both local and expatriate candidates are welcome to apply
• Highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
• Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
• Must have sharp business acumen with a firm understanding of critical success factors for operating a profitable, growing and highly complex 4-Star Hotel.
• Must possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage subordinate executives and managers in various roles and responsibilities.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.