Head Chef (1)
Location: Karen (1)
Salary Range : Ksh 50,000-70,000
Our client, in the hospitality Industry is currently looking to recruit a Head Chef. The successful candidate Must have experience working in a fine dining environment (4/5-star Hotel/Restaurant/Lodge), preparing international Cuisines, be conversant with food allergies and food costs, creating quality menus, professionally managing a small but a high-end kitchen. He/she MUST have experience managing people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that production is correctly executed
- Ensure high quality levels of products and services
- Notify the server of completed orders
- Manage his or her staff: training, motivating and structuring the team. He or she also ensures a good working atmosphere
- To provide rigorous management: controlling raw material stocks, especially in terms of their cost
- Practice cost-cutting measures
- Stock and rotate food
- Handle equipment, appliances, small wares, supplies, and tools
- Perform opening procedures
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene in the workplace and of the staff are of the highest standard.
- Ensure that food cost levels are maintained as specified in the budget.
- Develop and apply standard operating procedures.
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Lead and motivate team members to create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the lodge.
- Supervise work of junior Chefs
- Ensure compilation of the kitchen Training Plan to meet the business objectives and develop team members.
- Carry out performance reviews for team members every six months
- Supervise the department to ensure effective operation on a day to day basis whilst maintaining company standards consistently, with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls.
- Minimum of five year’s previous executive / head Chef experience required.
- Management experience in a 4/5 Star hotel/restaurant/lodge.
- Knowledge on International Cuisines.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- International experience is an added advantage.
- Customer focused with a warm, friendly personality.
- Excellent Communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- World class hospitality, food and beverage service standards.