Purpose of job
Lead, direct, develop and manage the implementation of all aspects of the hotel to ensure smooth operations, to promote the hotel potential and attract clientele for more business including international, government private sector and local. Create and maintain a positive image of the hotel measured through repeat business
- Draw up plans and budget concept while projecting revenues versus costs.
- Develop a guest feedback mechanism, prepare improvement action plans and oversee their implementation.
- Safeguard quality operations
- Achieve quantifiable cost saving through documented efficiency plans
- Develop strategies to enhance operations of the hotel.
- Oversee development and successful implementation of the annual marketing plan
- Coordinate planning of direct reports with regard to time tables, work schedules, employment within the different sections of the hotel.
- Coordinate the execution of activities via instructions to the direct report.
- Prepare weekly and quarterly performance reports.
- Ensure guests complaints are handled promptly and professionally
- Lead / chair weekly management and monthly staff meetings to address any issues, provide updates and ensure staff is highly motivated.
- Ensure adherence to the occupational health & safety
- At least 3 years experience in similar capacity in a 3-4 star hotel
- Management of conference centre will be added advantage.
Professional and educational skills.
- Degree/ Diploma in hotel management from a recognized institution.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS word, excel and power point
- Experience with several hotel operations systems