- Receiving and processing reservations and customer enquiries via phone and online channels
- Understanding customer needs, and providing relevant solutions.
- Assisting corporate clients in finding and booking accommodation
- Processing reservations, confirming with partner hotels, and ensuring alternative accommodation when needed.
- Communicating with, and resolving upcoming issues with hotel managers, based on sound personal judgement.
- Recording and keeping track of incoming bookings in a structured, cloud-based system
- Performing any other relevant tasks assigned by the Reservations Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal expression in English
- Additional languages a significant plus. Particularly French, Portuguese and Arabic.
- Professionalism: Ability to communicate professionally with international guests as well as hotel managers/owners.
- Efficiency: Ability to receive and process high numbers of reservations accurately at a rapid pace and under high pressure.
- Tech-savvy: Able to use a wide variety of cloud software solutions to achieve increased productivity.
- Structured: Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work tasks.
- Salesmanship and interpersonal skills: Ability to understand the customer, to build rapport, convince, and up-sell.
- Travel industry experience
- Background from a call centre and/or customer service unit
- Experience from the hotel front desk and/or reservations department
- Higher education in a travel or hospitality-related field a requirement.