We're looking for a Storekeeper to join our team.
Reporting to the head storekeeper, the incumbent will be responsible in keeping accurate inventory balances and maintaining a safe work environment in accordance with established policies and practices. The storekeeper will also be responsible to maintain a good clientele with the user departments and able to utilize his / her business savvy to precisely tally customer orders.
Key Responsibility for the Storekeeper Job:
- Checking the expiry of goods by ensuring FIFO is adhered to 100%.
- Issues material to internal departments and in the system based on request specifications.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to assigned inventory location.
- Participation in monthly stock take process and performing inventory audits at all stores, as required.
- Restocking of items on the shelves and organization / general arrangement of the store’s items.
- Ensure adequate record keeping, confirming proper stock levels and maintaining inventory control.
- Maintain high level of cleanliness and orderliness in the stores
- Carry out any other tasks as may be assigned.
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies Management would be desirable
- At least one year experience in storekeeping.
- Experience in a busy warehouse would be an added advantage.
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry heavy materials
- Good computer skills MS Excel, MS Word. These are required for data analysis and report generation.