Duties And Responsibilities
Assist the Restaurant Manager in Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising,
counseling and disciplining outlet staff.
• Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all Capella standards and
steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
• Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are
being completed each shift.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to
• Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
• Ensure staffing levels for all outlets are accurate based on hotel and outlet business
levels. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating
pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
• Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice,
listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel
activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
• Ensure basic standard operating procedures for all outlets are in place and are in
compliance with Federal, state, local and Capella’s own practices. (e.g. ServSafe,
• Ensuring that all steps of services as outlines in training materials are being followed
on a daily basis.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve
problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice,
coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant
such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant
Previous work experience in the same field
Diploma in hospitality
Candidates from Juja are highly encouraged to apply.