The House Parent works a Five-day work week with variations of standard shifts. Work schedule will adjust according to academic calendar.
Male candidates encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the care and supervision of the children, providing for their basic needs; nutrition, shelter, clothes, hygiene, safety etc.
- Responsible to keep children on schedule by following the daily routine and calendar events.
- Responsible for assisting children with their daily routine, providing support as the children learn the program.
- Responsible for assisting children with their homework and educational needs, working with tutors and the social worker to carry out their academic plan.
- Responsible for conducting house meetings.
- Responsible for transporting kids to and from appointments.
- Responsible for implementing individual child care plans (ICCP) as created by the RICC social worker.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting child progress to the RICC social worker.
- Responsible for facilitating spiritual development and enrichment elements for the children.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Member in good standing with King Jesus Faith Ministries or other approved local church.
- Demonstrated character and integrity as witnessed and agreed on by both ALCC & KJFM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and ages, especially adolescents.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the education and/or social services sector.
- Must be up to date on all required social service and education certifications.
- Driver’s License required.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 22kg.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multi task with clarity.
- Excellent professional level communication and interpersonal and relationship building skills. Having the ability to listen and influence other people in written or verbal forms.
- Strong Conflict resolution skills with both internal and external contacts.
- Must be comfortable interacting with people of all levels to include strangers and in all types of settings, including one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrate aptitude for working in sensitive environments, which require a high degree of confidentiality.
- Constantly, and consistently, maintain a posture of confidentiality at all times regarding RICC interests, employees and children.
- Presents themselves in excellence in regard to appearance and conduct, projecting a professional image at all times.
- Salary will be paid monthly.
- Employment includes health benefits outlined in the RICC employee manual.
- Performance will be reviewed annually for possible increases.