The House Parent works a Five-day work week with variations of 1st and nrd shifts. Work schedule will adjust according to academic calendar.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the care and supervision of the children, providing for their basic needs; nutrition, shelter, clothes, hygiene, safety etc.
- Responsible to keep children on schedule by following the daily routine and calendar events.
- Responsible for assisting children with their daily routine, providing support as the children learn the program.
- Responsible for assisting children with their homework and educational needs, working with tutors and the social worker to carry out their academic plan.
- Responsible for conducting house meetings.
- Responsible for transporting kids to and from appointments.
- Responsible for implementing individual child care plans (ICCP) as created by the RICC social worker.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting child progress to the RICC social worker.
- Responsible for facilitating spiritual development and enrichment elements for the children.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Member in good standing with King Jesus Faith Ministries or other approved local church.
- Demonstrated character and integrity as witnessed and agreed on by both ALCC & KJFM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and ages, especially adolescents.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the education and/or social services sector.
- Must be up to date on all required social service and education certifications.
- Driver’s License required.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 22kg.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multi task with clarity.
- Excellent professional level communication and interpersonal and relationship building skills. Having the ability to listen and influence other people in written or verbal forms.
- Strong Conflict resolution skills with both internal and external contacts.
- Must be comfortable interacting with people of all levels to include strangers and in all types of settings, including one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrate aptitude for working in sensitive environments, which require a high degree of confidentiality.
- Constantly, and consistently, maintain a posture of confidentiality at all times regarding RICC interests, employees and children.
- Presents themselves in excellence in regard to appearance and conduct, projecting a professional image at all times.
- Personally spend time reading the Bible and praying.
- Demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with biblical principle, always seeking God’s will and wisdom, while serving Him and KJFM.
- Maintains an attitude of service to Christ.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- This position requires the regular use of; a personal computer running Microsoft Office, mobile phone and driving the organizations vehicle.
Conditions and Protocol Requirements:
- No personal guests of employees are permitted at the property without permission from RICC granted.
- Equipment and/ or vehicles owned by RICC are to be used for the sole purpose of facilitation of the children’s rehabilitation project. Exceptions must be approved by RICC.
- All outside paid services must be recorded by receipt and in a ledger. Ledger will be reviewed by RICC leadership periodically.
- All funds accessed for maintenance and utilities must be used for intended purposes. No funds are to be borrowed, loaned or given for any purpose other than that of the center.
- Salary will be paid monthly.
- Employment includes health benefits outlined in the RICC employee manual.
- Performance will be reviewed annually for possible increases.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
RICC reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
RICC expects every employee to respect and care for the property and resources of the center. Removal of property, resources and/or consumables for personal use is not permitted.