- Responsible for the cleanliness of both the internal and external parts of the hotel.
- Oversee housekeeping operations
- Manage Laundry Operations
- Maintain and safe guard company equipment.
- Prepare work schedules for staff in advance.
- Handle customer service and complaints as well.
- Order cleaning materials and equipment and always ensure that the staff have the proper tools to perform their job duties.
- Coordinate housing keeping schedule with other department to ensure that all works are done in a timely manner.
- Guide and train junior staff on the procedures and policies that have to be followed while cleaning the hotel
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Set departmental SOP’s, targets and objective and budgets that aligns to the Company’s mission.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping/Laundry team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Create training manuals and schedule regular trainings to ensure staff are up to date the department’s SOP’s
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Housekeeping/Laundry team
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Front Office
- Accounting Office
Public Area Stewards
Report to General Manager
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Manage departmental costs against budget
- Manage and maintain three-star hotel classification rating
- Achievement of 100% guest satisfaction on housekeeping
- Achievement of 100% resource utilization for equipment/ ICT usage and employee
- Achievement of 100% flexibility on guest needs and wants; delivery of guest products and services in time
- Submission of the housing report by the 2nd Working day of the month
- Diploma in Housekeeping or Accommodation Management
- Fully IT literate
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Minimum of two years in a similar role in a hotel
NEED TO BE (3-must, 2-should, 1-preferably)
- Team Leader (3)
- Excellent communicator(3)
- Self motivated (3)
- Flexible (3)
- Passionate (3)
- Integrity (3)
- Ethics (3)
- Time Management (3)
- Attention to Detail (3)