Our client is a Hotel based in Nairobi. They seek to hire a meticulous housekeeping supervisor whose overall responsibility is to ensure operations relating to housekeeping and kitchen stewards are running efficiently and smoothly. The job holder will ensure the housekeeping crew ensure high standards of services are rendered at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Inspect cleaning standards for both offices and common areas.
· Oversee staff attendance, discipline, grooming, motivation and career development
· Review and advise work schedules and procedures whenever possible
· Make timely requisitions for materials and any other specified equipment
· Ensure proper usage of materials and equipment’s through controlling
· Inspect monthly reports, payrolls as submitted by supervisors.
· Ensure proper management of Staff amenities and ensure occupational health and safety standards are maintained.
· Attend to Clients requests/emergencies
· Conduct periodic audits to discover areas for development and explore new skills to enhance productivity
· Facilitate staff trainings and staff job inductions for recruits
· Plan and schedule for deep cleaning exercises.
· Attend weekly/monthly review meetings with clients.
· Conduct scheduled and impromptu inspections with clients.
Skills and Qualifications
· Diploma/Certificate in Housekeeping/Institution management
· 30 – 45 years is preferred
· Strong Background in Housekeeping management with 3-5 years’ experience in a cleaning company, hospital or hotel.
· Valid Certificate of good conduct
· Fluent in English and Swahili
· Ability to multitask, establish collaborative relationships while working with minimum supervision
· Demonstrate high levels of maturity and integrity in leadership
· Results driven individual with a strategic approach to achieving their objectives
· Computer literate – conversant with emails, minute writing and MS Excel and payroll calculations