Solution oriented Human Resource professional who is skilled in recruitment and employment processing, handled of casuals and trainees ensuring they meet all statutory requirements. Handling of records management, succession planning and labor relations.
Key Professional Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent knowledge of HR and administrative procedures and systems.
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
• Excellent Knowledge the Kenya Labor Law Act.
• High standard of written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Excellent organization and coordination skills.
• Must be result-oriented.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work under strict deadlines: high caliber time management competency.
• Must be culturally sensitive.
• Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research.
Duties & Responsibilities.
• Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
• Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
• Managing the recruitment and selection process. Coordinated all recruitment activities and induction process for new starters
• Responded to staff/manager enquiries in a timely manner
• Assist in processing payroll monthly and maintaining accurate up to date staff records
• Facilitates the Human Resources & Administration functions
• Nurture a positive working environment
• Preparing and updating all the company Job descriptions on all company designations.
• Performance management and improvement system: Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance on Half year/Final Year Review.
• Performance Appraisal ratings scheme.
• Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
• Report to management and provide decision support through HR department.
• Updating and recording of Annual leave and leave balances.
• Daily recording and updating of attendances and absenteeism.
• Conducting disciplinary meeting and taking appropriate actions as laid down under the company HR policies and procedures as well as the Employment Act Labor law.
• Updating the Staff Training Report on quarterly basis.
• Reviewing of the company employment contract and contract renewals.
• Preparing the HR company budget for the full financial year on training, department vacancies, annual party, other HR activities etc.
• Knowledge of promotional issues, salary reviews, bonuses reviews and allocations.
• Maintain of all HR files and ensure that they are all up to date i.e. Leave fle, Assets release file, Return On Duty File, Exit Interview File etc.
• Able to conduct termination and resignation process as per the company procedures by ensuring all the process are done correctly i.e. exit interview, end of service letter, Full and Final Payment Calculation dues etc.
• Being up to date and updating the management on any governmental changes on Employment Act of Kenya at any given time.
• Issuance of Memos and posting on the HR board.
• Ensure efficient and effective running of all office operations.
• Provide oversight for the maintenance and repairs of assets and other administrative infrastructural systems, liaising with the appropriate staff.
• Reviewing and analyzing all company staff welfare resources along with the Housekeeping assistant.
• Preparing MOUs, SLA for clients whenever required.
• Planning the timely schedule for all the company service level agreements for our clients.
• Preparing all the company Telephone expenses reports with comparison against budget on monthly basis.
• To monitor vehicles running on monthly basis
• To check on monthly consolidated report mileage records.
• To check monthly consolidated report on fuel consumption and mileage per litre.
• To ensure vehicle serviced on due dates with Planning.
• To ensure insurance and inspection are renewed on due date.
• To coordinate with the Project Supervisor on usage of vehicles for technicians and other company requirements.
• To ensure all vehicles are clean and in presentable state.
• To ensure all vehicles are parked in the company premises.
• To ensure all vehicles are roadworthy, have all vehicle items requirements as needed.
• To ensure all drivers have valid driving licenses.
• Certified Human Resource Management Professional’s as per the requirement of the Kenya Labor Law.
• Advantage Knowledge on HRIS System.
• Proven 2 years working experience as HR & Admin Assistant
• People oriented and results driven
• Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
• Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
• Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.