Location: 100% Farm (in rural area of Homabay)
Reports to: Head of HR
Start Date: Immediate
The HR will manage the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource at the commercial office. The HR will manage the administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
The ideal candidate should have a college degree (or equivalent in work experience) with 2+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced office environment. He/ She will be responsible for the duties outlined below:
- Organize, compile, update company personnel records and documentation
- Assist recruitment of potential applicants based on experience, skills, and education, filing paperwork, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee; maintaining and filing paperwork of terminated or exiting employees
- Coordinate HR projects in coordination with the HR Nairobi office.
- Help organize and manage new employee orientation, onboarding, and training programs
- Provide documentation of employee absences, bonuses, and personal time to be used in payroll preparation.
- Answer employee questions and address employee concerns with company; including employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Assist in drawing up plans for future personnel hiring procedures and goals.
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- IT skills
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in sub-Saharan Africa over the next 5 years. The Company will achieve this whilst maintaining the highest code of environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards for sustainability and following best practice, while growing to feed millions of people across Africa.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and offshore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County. The company has distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and we are rapidly expanding the farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing to keep pace with the rapid growth in production from the farm. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.