Salary: 50K gross
- HR planning, recruitment and on-boarding process for all new employees;
- Provide guidance / advisory service on HR best practices ;
- Counsel staff on issues that affect their productivity;
- Ensure the organization chart is kept up to date;
- Support and coach managers to enable them to effectively manage and develop their teams.
- Ensure compliance with Kenyan regulations and internal consistency and recommend changes as necessary;
- Ensure that the right plans are in place to develop people according to business needs, talent management and budget.
- Be the values and culture champion
- Implement all HR projects
- Organize collaborative, fun team activities and facilitate general employee welfare
- Payroll and benefits management
- Develop and implement talent retention strategies
- Develop, update and implement all policies and procedures
- Conduct basic training
- Undertake any lawful duties as may be assigned by the Directors/General Manager.
Key skills and competencies
- 4-6 years of experience as an HR generalist
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in HR
- Experience in a digital highly millennial environment
- Very strong in oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, must love working with people;
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver and public speaker.
- Ability to positively drive company culture
- Deep understanding of Kenyan labor laws and practice.
- Able to handle difficult conversations effectively.