To be Africa’s Most User Centric Marketplace Company
Your Mission in our Vision
Your mission is to make ROAM South Africa an employer of choice by supporting teams and managers through fostering the company values and culture while providing HR guidance. You hire the best and help nurture talent throughout the employee life cycle.
Job Description: HR Manager - South Africa
Your role is to build and maintain a high performance team for an ambitious pan-African company.
You are a driver of employee satisfaction and performance, by ensuring efficient and effective execution of the full spectrum of HR services touching on the employee life cycle from sourcing to separation.
Reporting into: Group Head of HR
Direct Reports: Office Administrator
- HR planning, recruitment and on-boarding process for all new employees;
- Provide solutions through organizational effectiveness and employee life cycle management;
- Change management for all HR initiatives;
- Provide guidance / advisory service on HR best practises ;
- Counsel staff on issues that affect their productivity;
- Ensure the organization chart is kept up to date;
- Support and coach managers to enable them to effectively manage and develop their teams.
- Ensure compliance with South African regulations and internal consistency and recommend changes as necessary;
- Ensure that the right plans are in place to develop people according to business needs, talent management and budget.
- Be the values and culture champion
- Implement all HR projects
- Organize collaborative, fun team activities and facilitate general employee welfare
- Payroll and benefits management
- Develop and implement talent retention strategies
- Develop, update and implement all policies and procedures
- Conduct basic training
- Undertake any lawful duties as may be assigned by the Group head of HR.
Key skills and competencies
- 4-6 years of experience as an HR generalist
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in HR
- Experience in a digital highly millennial environment
- Very strong in oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, must love working with people;
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver and public speaker.
- Ability to positively drive company culture
- Experience with payspace an added value
- Deep understanding of South African labor laws and practice.
- Able to handle difficult conversations effectively.