VACANCY - HR OFFICER
Division/Department: HUMAN RESOURCES
To manage the human resources function in a manner that ensures there is a working environment and a skilled and motivated workforce that facilitates the achievement of business objectives and that the organization is in compliance with
- HR policies and procedures coordinated and communicated
clearly to facilitate harmonious working relations.
- Staff recruitment standards for skills and experience
coordinated and achieved.
- Performance review process planned and coordinated.
- Staff welfare activities formulated and implemented within
- Staff morale enhanced through development and management of
reward schemes and incentive programmes.
- Industrial relations managed efficaciously and disputes kept
to a minimum.
- Accurate filing system maintained.
- Implement a HRM strategy based on the overall organization
strategy to ensure that business needs are met.
- Assist the HRM to formulate HR budget based on the strategy
and effectively manage it to ensure cost management goals are achieved
- Monitor the management of policies and procedures and ensure
compliance of all HR activities and practices.
- Coordinate the recruitment process to ensure that right
calibre of employees is hired and that new employees receive proper
instructions regarding their duties and terms of employment.
- Handle the payroll and leave management process for staff in
the organization in an effective manner.
- Co-ordinate the performance management process and all
related functions including staff appraisal, training planning and
implementation and incentive schemes.
- Manage industrial relations matters and offer advice and
general guidance to managers and supervisors on labour laws and related market
practices so as to ensure a harmonious work environment.
- Coordinate all HR activities including the welfare and
disciplinary matters across the organization.
- Handle staff grievances in a prompt, conscientious manner while paying heed to the company’s business needs and policies.
- Train managers and supervisors on basic staff management and
disciplinary skills and provide counselling support to staff as needed.
- Continually review and update the terms and conditions of
service of employees to ensure that the company remains within common market
practice and communicate to the staff appropriately.
- Degree in human resources management.
- 3 years’ experience in human resource management.
- Experience of human resources systems development.
- Working Experience in the Hotel Industry is an added
Skills / Competencies / Experience
- Performance management and monitoring skills
- Knowledge of labour laws and employment act
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Counselling skills
- Strong industrial relations skills
- Effective listening skills
- Computer literate
- Organisational skills
(QUOTE VACANCY TITLE as the subject)