Dept: Dairy Division)
Reporting To: The General Manager
Overall Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify the current and future needs of the Company; assist in the designing of HR & Organization Developmental (OD) strategies, Company Administration policy guidelines and plans, interventions to ensure resources are availed and utilized optimally.
- Embed a strategic approach to HR management and development, Administrative Support that results in a more effective front line delivery and productivity by all staff.
- Facilitate coaching and mentoring interventions to enhance individual and organisational performance.
- Ensure the HR, Administrative operations and transactions are carried out flawlessly at all times in line with the existing company policy guidelines.
- Work closely with the Heads Of Departments (HODS’) to identify the current and future needs of the business and design HR, Organizational and Administration Development- strategies, plans, and interventions to ensure the companies are adequately equipped.
- To support HODs’ and provide the strategic interface to embed strategic approaches to HR management and development that result in a more effective front line delivery.
- In liason with the HODs’ prepare an annual training calendar and budget based on specific training needs and fast track its implementation within the set budgets and timelines while measuring the effectiveness of the training programs on staff productivity.
- Support organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, monitoring and review are in place.
- Assess and plan for talent in relation to the current and future business, including the need for specific competencies, knowledge and skills and experience to enable the businesses achieve its strategic objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of a range of workforce, succession planning and talent management strategies that will support the delivery of the respective business requirements.
- Oversee the development and regular review of HR Strategies for the organisation.
- Support and guide the Company in the proactive implementation of HR & Administration policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within all departments.
- Drive and facilitate an effective performance management program at the organisation creating and maintaining a high performance culture -that rides on the set core values to improve organisational capability and the calibre of all Staff.
- Work with the Line Managers to identify opportunities for productivity improvements, through the review of organisational structures, streamlining of business processes, continuous improvement, and performance management.
- Act as a catalyst for change and innovation driving cultural change to transform service delivery and improve organisational effectiveness, and embed corporate values; facilitate organisational/cultural change by engaging people in the identification / understanding of the need for change.
- Review organisation - Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) in order to identify required improvements that will be aligned to the Bi-annual Staff Performance based bonus- incentive scheme –Employee Profit Sharing Scheme (EPSS) Program.
- Advice and guide the Senior Management on various incentive programs that would enhance employee motivation levels to achieve set company goals and objectives.
- Ensure a conducive Working environment through handling and resolving all Staff Welfare issues that will be presented directly to the HR and Administration Officer, through the provided suggestion boxes and through any other avenue of communication.
- Formulate and implement the Workman compensation Insurance and Medical Plan with a reputable Insurance Underwriter in line with the existing Kenyan Labour laws.
- Provide regular and timely updates to the Managing Director on all Human Capital related issues to enable the smooth running of the Canaan Dairy operations.
- Responsible for development, implementation and renewal of all Supplier Contracts in liaison with outsourced legal Advisors.
- Responsible for the purchasing of all office supplies, computers and Administrative support equipment.
- Implement internal controls to protect and safeguard company’s assets at all times.
- Responsible for all Property management tasks, Office and Warehouses leasing and legal commitments, furniture/equipment, utilities, sanitation, security and staff transport and travel arrangements – both local and foreign travel.
- Responsible for record keeping, tracking and servicing of Equipment’s, Vehicles, tracking systems etc.
- Responsible for the design of procurement policies, procedures and enforcement.
- Ensure optimal utilization of company resources while keeping costs under control in line with the approved Budgets.
- Guide the Administration department in all strategic planning activities in relation to the company strategy and entrench the Core Values within the organization.
- Advise all departments on application of the company approved Human Resource and Administration policy guidelines.
- Ensure that all service, lease and general administrative contracts adequately protect the interests of the organisation.
- Ensure that ICT infrastructure that includes Land lines, Intranet-Emails, Company Mobile Phones etc. - are operational and that the services are effective, efficient and that ICT expenses are within set budgets.
- Ensure timely and effective communication at all employee levels through having in place functional and updated ‘Notice Boards’ at strategic factory locations and actively manage the ‘Suggestion Boxes’ that will act as direct communication and feedback avenues to the Senior Management.
- Ensure all company assets are adequately safeguarded and efficiently utilized at all times by user departments and respective staff.
- Guide the Purchasing function (excluding Raw Milk Purchases) in all strategic planning and implementation activities and abide by the set company’s set Procurement Guidelines.
- Ensure that all contractual arrangements with suppliers adequately protect the interests of the organisation.
- Coordinate and facilitate timely payments to all suppliers in liaison with the Finance Manager and strictly adhere to the set company policy guidelines.
- Timely renewal and Payment of vehicles, Plant & machinery and Canaan Dairy Assets Insurance cover using the services of reputable Insurance Underwriting Firms.
- Manage the company’s archiving system while ensuring it meets the Kenyan Government Statutory requirements as regards the minimum period documents should be kept before disposal.
- Represent the organisation in all Employee and other Welfare related forums – including handling Government Labour issues with the relevant Ministries.
- Oversee effective and efficient running of the outsourced Catering Services.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND INDICATORS (KPMIS’)
- Effective roll out of standard HR policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the area of recruitment, performance management, talent search and management, compensation and benefits, coaching and mentoring and general HR management at organisation.
- Regularly reviewing staff costs to ensure alignment with set budget and forecasts, and to ensure productive and effective ways of working which are in line with Organisation Development (OD) Plan.
- Strict adherence to the approved Annual Expense budgets at all times by all departments.
- Ensure Zero non-compliance Audit reports on all Administrative related issues.
QUALIFICATIONS’ AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences and/ or a Business Administration or any other relevant degree.
- Diploma in HR Management an added advantage.
- 2 to 3 years HR generalist and Administration experience with at least 2 years in a management position.
- Good working experience of HR software ICT system.
- Good working experience of MS Office Packages to include: - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess thorough and practical understanding and application of the Kenyan Labour laws.
- Good command of both written - spoken English and Swahili Languages.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills with outgoing personality.
- Ability to adapt to change within a new and demanding working environment.