Cereal Growers Association (CGA) is a national non-profit member-based farmer organization that brings together Kenyan cereal farmers and their stakeholders across the value chain. We work with both public and private sector players, and development partners to provide services to CGA members. CGA aspires to be a leading agribusiness solutions provider through evidence-based advocacy, facilitating business linkages and strategic partnerships.
CGA seeks to fill the positions of HR and Administration (HRA) Assistant.
Terms of Employment: Contract
Location: Nairobi with approximately 15 % travel out of Nairobi.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Ensure staff files are up to date with all necessary documents in readiness for payroll preparation including filing of submitted timesheet and management of leave days;
- Provide administrative support for the whole HR function across recruitment, induction, remuneration, performance management, employment relations, HR policy and procedures, learning and development, health and safety and exiting;
- Ensure an efficient physical and digital filing system for all organization activities, partnerships and regulatory compliance;
- Ensure the general work environment is conducive and that all amenities are in good working condition;
- Take lead in identification, prequalification and negotiation with vendors and service providers;
- Supervise contracted vendors, service providers and casuals/interns;
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guidelines.
- Manage both incoming and outgoing correspondence including telephone calls;
- Assist in the implementation of the staff welfare programs;
- Any other general administrative tasks as may be directed from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or Information Management Systems;
- At least three (3) years relevant working experience;
- Good IT skills particularly a mastery of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Self-driven and ability to meet strict reporting deadlines. Application Process
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience before or on 25th March, 2019.
The position title should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Cereal Growers Association (www.cga.co.ke) is an equal opportunity employer.