Duty Location: Mukuru kwa Reuben, Nairobi.
Report to : Director
The role will deal with all staff matters including recruitment & selection, placement, retention, training and development, performance management, development of organization culture, succession planning, engaged workforce comprised of the best talent, discipline, separation, compliance and payroll administration.
We wish to recruit a self-driven, result oriented, highly motivated and qualified person who will undertake the following duties and responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Taking led in managing full cycle recruitment responsibilities such as developing job descriptions, preparing job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates and conducting exit interviews.
- Develop, facilitate, and improve the new employee onboarding and integration process.
- Strategically support the learning and development efforts identified to build and support the growth of top talent within the organization.
- Develop, implement, maintain and update HR policies and procedures that are aligned with the Ruben Centre priorities and demands as well as Kenyan labour legislations. In line with this, develop HR tools that are supportive of the policies within the organization.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain a complete personnel file/database of all employees to include; vacancy analysis, hiring records, promotions, disciplinary, rotations, leaves, training and terminations documentations
- Manages the HRIS system, including accurate payroll records.
- Process monthly payroll.
- Partner with the program teams to ensure that adequate HR inputs are provided and incorporated during development and implementation of all projects/programs.
- Advice management regarding interpretation and execution of HR policies and procedures and compliance with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Support the development of an organizational culture that reflects Ruben centre values, promotes accountability and high performance, and encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality regarding personnel data and ensure that all employee information is kept up to date, is complete and held in a secure place.
- Coordinate health and safety programs.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor Degree holder in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Must be a Member of IHRM
- Knowledge of working with HR systems/ software
- Hardworking with positive attitude and solutions-oriented mindset
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of employment law.
- 3 -5 years of progressive human resources experience.
- Strong in inter-personal and communication skills.
- Results driven and strong in people management and development.
Ruben Centre is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talent. The candidate finally selected should be ready to comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.