The HR – Industrial Relations Specialist will have dual responsibility as an Employee Experience Specialist and as an Employee/Industrial Relations Specialist providing HR solutions and support to two legal entities across three locations in Kenya. The individual will report into the HR Solutions Market Lead for Sub Saharan Africa. The ideal candidate MUST have strong Industrial Relations experience and MUST have a current Practising Certificate with IHRM.
- Develop and maintain key internal and external relationships which may include business leaders, hiring managers, other HR professionals, industry contacts and employees
- Collaborate with Europe based Global HR Solutions function leads to support talent management, talent acquisition, compensation, development and retention.
- Deliver services to the business such as operational workforce planning, onboarding and assimilation, local training delivery, employee engagement, performance management and recognition programs.
- Ensure consistent adherence to HR policies and practices locally and make sure such policies and practices are compliant with Company guidelines, country labour and manpower regulations, Social Framework and EHS rules.
- Recommend solutions that build on business and functional strategic drivers.
- Support new processes or change initiatives from the business and the Global organisation.
- Manage all employee and industrial relations for the locations ensuring adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor ER/IR legislation changes and industry practices and propose internal changes to policy and practices to ensure compliance.
- Educate supervisors/managers on interpretation of employment policies, regulatory requirements, collective bargaining according to local law, and internal policy & standards.
- Liaise closely with internal and external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities.
- Participate in union negotiations, managing compliance & relationship. Prepare managers for participation
- Bachelor’s degree in either Human Resources, Social Sciences, Arts or Business
- Must have a current practicing certificate with IHRM
- Must have strong demonstrated IR experience
- Must have experience of working with management in a complex business environment
- Must have experience working in a multi-national / matrix organisation
- Must experience in a difficult blue collar labour intensive environments
- Must have experience in active participation in trade union & bargaining council negotiations
- Must be a Change agent
- Payroll experience desired to manage the process
- Experience anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions
- Demonstrated experience positively influencing and collaborating with business and HR leaders
- Demonstrated strong business acumen.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 300 - 350,000/= Gross (Approx. 3,000 – 3,500) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 30th December 2018.
Position Level: Upper - Mid Level.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but
unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not
hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this
occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so
please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your
skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***