Overall Roles and Responsibilities:
Human Resource Planning
- Undertaking the whole process of recruitment – from vacancy announcement to actual placement of candidate.
- Ensuring that the vacancies are filled with the best qualified persons in the shortest time possible.
- Have clear succession plan and a strategic human resource pool for all key and strategic positions.
- Create staff retaining strategies to ensure continuity.
- Preparation of Job Description for staff
- Hire new employees (which involves a lot of things such as carrying out job interviews with people who applied to work with us)
- Communicate with managers from other departments so that I understand in what way I can help them and their staff do a better job
- Provide opportunities to employees for training and development (so that they continue learning and gaining new skills)
- Administrative work such as keeping employee records and writing reports
- Plan, develop and implement procedures (which means thinking about and writing down how things should be done, so that people do the same thing in the same way)
- Plan, develop and implement policies (which are rules that help a company reach its goals)
- Plan, develop and implement strategies (which are the ways in which a company will reach its goals)
- Disciplinary actions (which happen for example when an employee is not doing a good job or maybe they did something which was wrong, and they have to be dismissed)
- Communicate with other entities
Training and Development
- Conducting the initial trainings of induction and orientation for new staff.
- Management of training for attaches’ and interns.
- Training needs assessment for all staff – new products/technology or policy training, appraisal result training needs, new laws and skills upgrade training
- Preparing the schedule of training, sourcing of trainers and handling of post training assessment
- Mentoring and Coaching of staff
Record keeping and files management
- Ensuring that all staff files are complete as per the law, updated and safely kept.
- Adherence to the law on staff data protection and confidentiality of staff files.
- Ensure that organizations’ documents which relates to the HR department and other areas handled by the HR are well secured.
- Communication Skills
- Team work skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Time management and multi tasking skills
- Conflict management and negotiating skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Planning and organizational skills to deal with the administrative side of management
- An assertive manner
- The ability to motivate employees
- The ability to work under pressure and keep calm under difficult situations
- The ability to keep confidentiality
- Computer skills
- Writing skills (for example to write reports and manuals)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the stated requirements can submit applications clearly indicating the position applied for