Daily Staffing Operations
- The human resource specialist is very involved in the day-to-day staffing of the school system. They ensure the right people are hired for school positions. Some of the tasks they will be responsible for include staff recruitment, recommending hires, maintaining job titles, determining salary ranges, administering employment tests, supervising personnel procedures, developing operation calendars, assigning priorities and assisting other administrative staff with personnel issues.
Support School Employees
- The human resource specialist generally serves as the liaison between teachers, staff and school administrators. To support the school's employees, they may communicate labor relations information or interpret employment laws. Additionally, they may host a new employee orientation, coordinate training, conduct professional development workshops, provide information on employee benefits and activities, verify employment and help employees with employment-related paperwork.
- The human resource specialist works closely with the school administration and interprets contract information, policies, procedures, government regulations and compliance information for administrators. Additionally, they may be involved with several committees and provide recommendations based on their area of expertise. They may also attend school board meetings and meet regularly with school board members.
- The human resource department is responsible for collecting and keeping all kinds of employment records. The human resource specialist may be in charge of updating and maintaining these files and creating reports. They may collect and file information in each employee's file. When they attend school meetings, they may be the minute-taker to keep record of changes or updates that affect employment.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR preferred
- At least 4 years of progressive work experience in HR.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough current knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Must be tactful and diplomatic with demonstrable ability of maintaining confidentiality.
Interested persons should submit their applications together with:
- Copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- Their detailed CVs and their contact mobile telephone numbers
- 3 work references and /or academic references
Send application, CV with all relevant testimonies and reference letters by Thursday 27th February 2020