Reports to: Finance Manager
Work station: Nakuru
As the HR Manager at Robinson Group, you will be the sole person responsible for running the HR department in all capacities. If you are of high integrity, professional, and detail oriented, you may be the candidate we are looking for. The HR Manager will also assist in a variety of the firms administration functions, tasks and projects. He/ she will work closely under the supervision of the MD and provide important support services in several critical people management areas. The Incumbent will also be Identifying and implementing Best People/HR initiatives that enable the achievement of the business objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent inter-personal, motivational and organisational skills.
- Articulate and confident with ability to react calmly under pressure.
- Confident, well presented with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding Communication skills at all levels with customers, management, senior management and employees
- Security and operational systems
- Efficient personal time management
- Excellent written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on own initiative, within Company and client deadlines
- Competence in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Train the trainer or equivalent / First Aid would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate personal career development.
- Planning and organising
- Basic Financial awareness
- Quality awareness
- Customer awareness
- HR practice
- experience in a similar role
- Customer focus and an ability to develop key stakeholder relationships to enhance operational performance and develop the business
- Full Kenyan driving license and a flexible approach to working patterns and hours
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain human resource staff by Recruiting, selecting, vetting due diligence, orienting and training, hiring, counselling and disciplining of employees, planning monitoring and appraising job results.
- Will oversee the on-boarding process for employees nationwide. This includes sending new hire packets, running background checks, verifying that employee files are in order on an ongoing basis. Will ensure that employee file is complete and up to date with current performance evaluations.
- Providing employment law advice, both remotely and face to face in complex situations including tribunals.
- Will update system with new employee information.
- Assists with personnel and change paperwork for existing employees and will be called upon to provide reports on employee status when needed.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Write or update Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, and training programs
- Assists in administering benefits paperwork in conjunction with our broker.
- Investigates and assists in employee relations process and on resolving employee’s issues.
- Works with management on headcount management, turnover and all strategic planning related to human resources issues.
- Communicating and negotiating with the unions as appropriate.
- Prepares HR related reports when requested by senior management.
- Assists in off boarding process when deemed necessary and responds to unemployment claims.
- Ensure the business deploys appropriate methods for managing works councils and trade union relationships constructively both inside and outside of the Ethical Employment Partnership.
- Preparation of periodic HR financial returns and budgets
- Management of payroll records before salary payment
- Documenting grievances,termination,absenteeism,compensation and benefits
- Retention of skilled and qualified employees
- Preparing job description
- Be conversant in staffing,development,safety and health, employee and labour relation
- 8 years of Human Resources management experience, some of which should have been in at a management level in a security firm or related environment.
- Experience of handling disciplinary/grievance/redundancy cases.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of local employment law and best practice within HR
- Must be a strong communicator and demonstrate the ability to handle the complexities of a Security firm experiencing significant growth.
- Must lead by example and maintain neutrality when working through open HR issues and topics.
- A degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant degree
- IHRM or other HR body/ association membership