Duties and Responsibility
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Assisting with generalist Human Resource matters, including reviewing and developing relevant Policies and Procedures, managing Human Resource processes, practices and procedures.
- Managing and maintaining contracts, personnel files and other employee information and up to date personal records for all employees in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Managing staff leave processes, by administrating and processing leave and maintaining an up to date data base of leave records
- Supporting the recruitment process by developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, and short listing for jobs and coordinating induction for new employees
- Coordinating and administering employee training and development programmes by assisting in the identification of staff training needs assessment.
- Assisting in the handling of all employee relations issues that might arise, dealing with grievances and supporting the section head in the implementation of disciplinary procedures
- Monitoring and controlling internships and attachments programs.
- Monitoring of staff hours of work for employees and ensuring that employees maintain work hours.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
The job holder must possess:
- A bachelor’s degree with a post graduate diploma/ higher diploma in Human Resources.
- At least 3 years experience in the field of human resource management
- Practical experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Should have computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Team player with excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Knowledge of labour laws and trade union matters
- High degree of integrity and dependability.
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Position Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Position Supervises: Human Resource and Administration Personnel