The hotel opened its doors in April 2016. We are a boutique establishment with 86 suites and a penthouse. It is high trading under Leo Investments Limited, which is a part of the Chatur Group of Companies which consist of 3 other hotels.
- Cloud Hotel & Suites, Diamond Plaza. Parklands, Nairobi
- The Mara Concord Game Lodge, Maasai Mara
- Bahari Dhow Beach Villas, Ukunda. Diani, Mombasa
- A member of management staff
- The Human Resources Manager manages all aspects of the department including but not limited to development of Human Resource Policy, employee recruitment, selection, induction, training, employee welfare, performance appraisal, leave management, discipline.
- Guides, motivates, trains and manages the Hotel Team
- Perform planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and support to all support team of the Concord Hotel and suites
- Leads the guest and staff complaint recovery process to achieve 100% guest satisfaction prior to departure
Key Personal Attributes Required:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and one other language.
- Communication, Interpersonal, Management, Computer, Analytical and Counselling skills
- Commitment to professional values and integrity.
- Able to lead and motivate the team
- Has the ability to express persuasive practical solutions.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Displays initiative
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
General /Technical Knowledge
- Smooth and organized running of Front department according to the Standards set by the management.
- Leads by personal example by following Company’s Mission / Vision & Guiding Principles.
- Complies with the Company’s Code of Conduct,
- Manage the 4 HR departments within the concord group.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Hotel making sure they adhere the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures
- Carries out Job evaluation continually
- Assists management in the development and updating of the human resource policy, employee handbook
- Undertake responsibility for Scheduling and Payroll of the hotel
- Undertake responsibility for recruitment and selection of all employees together with the line managers within approved staff establishment
- Issues letters of appointment to members of staff
- Undertakes training and promotion, transfer, rotation in conjunction with the line managers
- Undertakes the responsibility for proper induction of all employees
- Work closely with the line departments to conduct performance appraisal
- Coordinate daily activities with hotel management team on a daily basis.
- Hold monthly department meetings keeping staff informed of all activities in the hotel,
- Reinforcing Standards of Excellence and promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture at the Concord Hotel and suites.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Ensure positive employee morale and welfare of the employees
- Ensures counselling and disciplining in accordance to the company policies
- Participate in daily management briefs
- Schedules leave in conjunction with the line managers
- Works with Union where applicable
- Perform other hotel-related duties as required
- Establishes and maintains department organization, manning and productivity, ensuring a smooth operation based on forecasted occupancy.
- Adopts a hands on approach to operations, be visible and monitor staff to achieve optimum results.
- Stays updated with the developments of HR Trends Country wide and make appropriate suggestions to the General Manager
- Maintain all employee records concerning attendance and punctuality
- Achieves a record of success in recruiting, interviewing and hiring people. (“Getting the right person in the right job & keeping on mind that skills can be trained but attitude not.”)
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Ensure staffs are fully trained in emergency procedures.
- Identifies career goals and guides employees in their career growth and development.
- Recognizes outstanding individual performances in the department and deals with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively.
- Monitor Staff Performances and conduct performance appraisals of each staff every year
- Creates a positive and highly motivated working environment that promotes and develops teamwork.
- Utilizes and develops communication tools and channels for the dissemination of information and workflow in all sections
- Builds teamwork and enhance the team’s commitment to their work and the hotel.
- Communicates effectively within the organization at all levels using the most appropriate communication method for the matter concerned.
- Maintains and enforces all quality, service standards and procedures for staff at Concord Hotel and suites.
- Quality and consistency of all guest & staff safety programs and follow up.
- Overall divisional progress in areas of People, Profit and product.
- Monitors the personnel of these operations to ensure guest receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
- Ensures guest preferences are collected and actions upon in order to delight our guests.
Operational processes and control
- Constantly reviews the current procedures and practices to ensure they are simple for staff and guests.
- Establishes standards, conducts spot checks on internal controls and ensures compliance.
- Reviews and evaluates all HR equipment and supplies periodically to select appropriate products for purchase.
- Analyzes monthly reports and reviews opportunities for improvement.
- Set HR Budget, monitor Profit & Loss and cash handling throughout the year.
- Prepares CAPEX budget to review new equipment requirements for following year to ensure maximum quality output and productivity.
- Set Payroll Budget
- Conducts inventory and studies opportunities to reduce losses and damages.
- Ensures consistent and accurate inventories are taken in accordance with Concord Hotel and suites policies and procedures and documentations are complied.
- Prepares reviews and submits all reports in a timely manner.
Inspection and Preventive Maintenance Program
- Conducts random check of HR, facilities daily.
- Ensures that all preventive maintenance and general cleaning programs/ schedules are in place and executed accordingly.
Health & Safety and Security
- Is familiar with Kenyan, OSHA, FTO, HACCP and other Company - Health & Safety Policies and ensure your areas promote and comply with them.
- Takes responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to the General Manager and/or designated department.
- Is familiar with property safety, first aid, fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility.
- Ensures the highest level of safety and security by facilitating effective training programmes that delivers a high degree of awareness amongst staff.
- Ensures that the environmental initiatives are adhered to in the workplace and participates in community activities and programs.
- Ensures the environmentally friendly disposal and recycling of garbage is carried out in a proper manner and dispose of under the guidelines set management, the County Council and the Kenyan Government
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management from an accredited University
- Knowledge of HRIMS
- Member of an HR professional body
- 5 years’ experience in medium /large busy reputable hotel.
Modalities: The HRM works 6 days a week.
Reporting Relationship: The HRM will report to the General Manager and will work closely with other HODs and other concerned departments.
Location: The Position holder will be based at Parklands- Nairobi.
- Copies of academic certificates or transcripts
- Copy of National Identification Card
- Good conduct certificate
How to Apply
Application MUST include an application letter highlighting suitability for the position and curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email; and names with contact addresses for 3 professional references.
Applications must have HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER as the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.