- Appointments and Hiring: Oversee review and approval of staff hiring and appointments within the work unit and assure these activities are conducted in accord with all LIS and TSC guidelines. Support promotion and tenure procedures in collaboration with relevant staff administrators and Academic Personnel. Provide support and oversight of employee background and credential checking.
- Classification and Compensation: Consult with the director and principal on writing and developing job descriptions to meet staffing needs. Plan and oversee local compensation plans. Provide consultation on salary administration and recommend appropriate salary actions.
- Employee Relations, Diversity and EEO: Serve as a local resource on employee relations issues and concerns and partner closely with the school principal in addressing specific complaints and concerns. Conduct employee investigations independently and in partnership with the concerned department. Oversee and manage employee separations within the work unit and coordinate applicable employee exit activities.
- Benefits and Leave Administration: Assist employees in addressing questions or issues regarding benefits, time reporting, or leave issues in consultation with appropriate department heads. Assure that key benefits and payroll information are appropriately disseminated within the job descriptions.
- Policy, Planning and Process Improvement: Develop, plan, and implement human resources policies, procedures, and best practices for the school. Collaborate with LIS director and principal in implementing new business processes within the unit and suggest opportunities for improvement or change. Actively participate in LIS committees or working groups focused on HR service delivery, business systems, and business process improvement.
- HR reporting, data management and systems: Track and analyze key metrics to monitor parents satisfaction and continuously improve HR service delivery to internal clients. Produce reports and analysis for departmental management regarding HR trends and metrics utilising relevant institutional or local reporting tools.
- Supervision (if applicable): Provide supervision and oversight of assigned HR and administrative support staff, including hiring, coaching, training, work assignments, and managing performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional human resources management experience in a setting of similar scope and complexity to is required ( school setting)
- All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree is required.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Should have In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
TERMS OF OFFER
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s to be received by Friday, 5th July 2019.