Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the movement of cargo from terminal to ICD efficiently
- Ensure that warehouse, stuffing and stripping operations are being performed properly and safely
- Ensure high utilization of ICD and priorities high revenue activities
- Coordinate with operations and engineering team at both ICD and Terminal to ensure smooth flow of cargo and equipment
- Review processes and procedure at ICD with the aim to improve productivity and reduce idle time.
- Follow up on all Gate, Rail and Yard activities and act accordingly.
- Reviews and analyzes reports such as revenue and performance records to evaluate productivity and for recommended changes.
- Responsible for smart cargo analysis and advice management on what business to pursue for maximum profit and let go of less profitable cargo.
- Enforces Operation compliance and administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations, i.e. logs, equipment condition, etc.
- Degree in Business Administration, Port Management or any other related field or its equivalent from recognized Higher learning Institution
- Master Degree in relevant field will be added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in ICD.
- Experience in logistics and port activities is added advantage.
- IT skills in office 365 (Ms Office)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality always
- Knowledge of Business principles of terminal operations
- Detailed understanding of issues affecting business process and practices including legal restrictions and regulatory bodies requirements
- Excellent Organization and time management skills
- Stakeholders Management and interpersonal skills
- Multskills and can work under pressure
- Attention to detail, analytical and communication skills
- Excellence problem solving at his level