This role will ensure that our import supply chain grows and develops apace with the company’s product development and strategic plans. The ideal Imports coordinator will be able to manage and grow a strategic global supplier network and ensure systems and processes are in place to meet growing procurement needs. A highly analytical, detail-oriented individual who can scour the globe for the best suppliers while building strong procurement and logistics systems would be a strong fit for this role.
Lead Import Supply Chain Growth and Development
- Ensure import supply chain systems, processes and team capacity are apace with company growth
- Proactively grow the company’s supplier network for key materials to mitigate risk and keep pace with growing demand;
- identify and attend relevant trade fairs and conduct overseas factory visits Keep up-to-date with global market changes relevant to our key product lines
- Develop international sourcing plans to accommodate increasingly complex sales needs
- Effectively identify and troubleshoot problems wherever they may arise along our supply chain and implement effective, lasting solutions
Manage Key Supply Chain Relationships
- Manage relationships with key local and foreign service providers
- Oversee key global supplier relationships and support in building new ones
Achieve Efficient Compliance
- Keep abreast with local and global regulatory changes such as those concerning KRA, ICSM and PPB product standards Licenses and permits.
- Ensure compliance practices are built into our systems in an efficient, streamlined way
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Diploma in international trade with focus on import and export regulations and international trade
- Over 3 year’s previous experience in a similar role
- A working knowledge with PPB processes, permits licenses etc.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills to deal with the demands of overseas and local clients
- Must be hands on person when it comes to dealing with KRA Customs (ICSM) and clearing shipments
- Must be familiar with legal requirements regarding importing and exporting shipments across the world as well as the company’s internal procedures to buy locally.
- Good analytical skills and ability to confidently work with numbers
- Must be computer literate