Supervisor/Manager Title: Commercial Director
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area 1: Product Innovation projects
• Drive NPD project execution for allocated projects.
• Implement and execute project in line with innovation framework governance, project management methodology and tools to ensure compliance
• Define the scope of allocated projects and agree outcomes with relevant stakeholders
• Plan projects with relevant stakeholders incorporating requirements, potential for conflicts and baselines (resources, budget, timing)
• Approve the plans for the project with the project owner and communicate to relevant stakeholders
• Monitor project processes, identify and address variances and risks (includes project plans, work packages, project governance and product acceptance)
• Support the enrichment of research outcomes through integration of insights from other sources
• Integrate the relevant consumer insights with market, customer and shopper insights to support Brand strategy development
• Evaluate current reality in regional market, consumer, competitor etc. insights to identify gaps and needs and provide recommendations on how to address in line with best practice
• Ensure new product launch plans take into account the most relevant consumer, insights to deliver market impact
• Implement and drive insights from strategic studies e.g. Brand Health Monitor (Brand Tracker) and Growth Finder (segmentation)
Area 2: Manage NPD project execution
• Measure, record and evaluate project performance against the project baselines and outcomes and take corrective action as applicable
• Identify risks (both current and potential) and mitigate or elevate for resolution
• Maintain and update project data base regularly
• Effectively and accurately report and communicate project status, progress, risks, etc. to relevant stakeholders
• Record and implement project status meeting actions and decisions
• Provide coordination and support in terms of development and testing of product or components
• Provide support in terms of product launch planning
• Identify, mitigate and document risks, issues and learnings
• Coordinate with planning for effective PIPO management as per approved plan.
• Conduct formal project reviews for selected projects and agree actions
• Deliver brand health monitor OTIF
• Alignment to Common Research platforms and preferred agency networks
• Democratise and share all project insights with relevant stakeholders to drive for actionable outcomes and facilitate business decision making.
Area 3: Customer & Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Identify and manage external research suppliers to partner to deliver projects OTIF
• Relationship building with external suppliers to ensure effective running of research projects with the delivery of insightful and strategic presentations as opposed to research reports
• Identify and establish stakeholder partnerships for project execution
• Represent the consumer and act as a consumer advisor to the brand team, their agencies and other business functions on an on-going day to day basis as well as when developing innovation, packaging, communication, brand extensions, etc.
• Support and drive cross functional collaboration to unlock internal synergies. Develop strong cross functional relationships to promote the integration of insights into business decisions across business functions.
• Achieved results through mutually beneficial and trusting relationship with team members, manager, peers and other business units within the company.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a business related field.
• Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• 6 – 8 years’ experience in consumer/market in a similar organization.
• Project management Experience handling product development involving various stakeholders
• Must be fully familiar with the fundamentals of the research process and available techniques. Deep understanding of different applicability of qualitative and quantitative research.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to explain and translate complex concepts into meaningful insights and action for the business in oral and written forms.
• Proven skills in unearthing insights to drive strategy, identify growth opportunities, trends, innovation & advertising development
• Strong presentation skills
• Insightfulness - Balancing multiple internal and external sources of information with intuition in order to generate integrated insights that enable the development of compelling narratives that drives business value generation
• Commercial Fluency - Balance short and long term business value generation through the regular application of commercial principles across the whole value chain and take ownership around course corrective rigour
• Innovativeness- Fearlessly challenges conventional ways of working and thinking in all aspects of the business - not just product and packaging - in order to inspire continuous improvements that drives business value. The ability to formulate new ideas or to adapt or use existing ideas in a new or unexpected way to solve problems.
• Integrated Activity Planning & Execution - The ability to deliver against brand objectives by developing integrated activity plans that brings the brands creative platform to life consistently across multiple touch-points within the consumers decision journey
• Commercial Acumen - Balance long and short term business value generation through the regular application of integrated commercial principles across the whole value chain and P&L levers in order to take ownership and drive course corrective actions with rigour
• Personal effectiveness & excellence – Display an iterative learning mentality. Actively seeks out opportunities to learn and develop, and promotes learning and development in others
• Resilience - Remains determined despite frequent obstacles. Possess high levels of EQ
• Creative - The ability to use imagination and new ideas to produce solutions
• Entrepreneurial – The ability to think ahead to spot or create opportunities and maximize them
• Builds collaborative relationship and networks – People and relationship building centric. Develops internal/external relationships with an Organisation focus, to resolve both short-term issues and advance longer-term projects/work
• Engagement skills - Communicates persuasively and confidently to influence and negotiate positive outcomes. Ability to use storytelling to effectively inspire stakeholders to implement the proposed actions/ solutions
• Leading change – Involves, supports and motivates others in finding improved ways of working. Manages change projects. This includes the ability to inspire and motivate the team towards a common vision and to challenge the status quo and drive change in the business environment
• Leads a team of individuals through agile ways of working and enable the best business outcome through integration of best skills for the job and flexible work package assignments
• Challenging - The ability to challenge the status quo and drive change in a business environment
Responsible & Accountable - The ability to work in a way that considers its impact on other people, organisational goals and the wider environment
Relationships and working contacts
• Internal – Commercial Team, Management, Other Departments Divisional/Department heads, other members of staff.
• External - Marketing Agencies, Research firms, industry players
• This is an office based role.