The scope of the role will include setting up all systems, processes and methodologies to deliver and exceed expectation against the strategic business plan. The overall aim being to achieve 50% of the total Company sales as a result of Inside Sales Organization.
High level practical experience in inside sales management, coaching, mentoring and development of inside sales personnel are key success factors of the role. In addition to the above, strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others (“to hit their sales numbers) are mandatory requirements. This is a sales numbers driven role reporting to the Head Sales.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, set up and manage a functional Inside Sales Organization in line with our strategic business plan
- Create and operationalize systems, methodologies, processes, procedures, policies with the aim of achieving 50% of the total company sales as a result of Inside Sales activities.
- Build a high performing, functional, energetic and motivated Inside Sales Team of not less than 15 people
- Design, develop and execute from time to time coaching, mentoring and development sessions for the Inside Sales Team based on well-articulated & current curriculum.
- Creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, cold calling and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers, develop & keep expanding a wide client database of warm leads and maintain a successful conversation rate of not less than 40% of all calls made.
- In line with the overall strategic business plan, design and implement an Inside Sales Incentive Scheme to deliver the agreed upon sales targets.
- To own and manage the Inside Sales Cost of Acquisition within the set parameters and as guided by the company’s business plan.
- Manage the day to day people dynamics of the Inside Sales Team and lead by example to achieve the best possible results within cost effective framework with the team available and in the context of the available legal framework.
- Monitor sales statistics to keep track of sales quota, inventory requirements and customer preferences
- Manage customer relationship activities including statistical reports, sales performance reports, and data essential to maintain KPI measurements to track Inside Sales team performance. Helps develop and document KPI measurement tools.
- Act as first point of contact for customers, providing support to customers where applicable in liaison with the customer service team and be involved in Marketing activities when called upon.
- Must have set up, designed, developed and managed a functional Inside Sales Team
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in a similar role directly managing an Inside Sales Team of not less than 10 people.
- You must be able to demonstrate “owning a sales number” and show how you achieved success in your previous role as an Inside Sales Manager.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills capable of influencing and delivering results in a highly cross functional role.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including good presentation skills
- Previous experience working in a startup is essential for the role.