- 2-3 yrs experience in insurance companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The confidence to advise and negotiate with clients and underwriters
- The ability to build, manage and develop relationships
- Numerical skills
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- The ability to plan and manage your time and to work on a number of projects concurrently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
- Research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
- Foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients
- Acquire new clients and win accounts against competitors
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence
- Develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, photographers, structural engineers and other professionals
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries
- Collect insurance premiums and process accounts.
Note: Applicants wishing to be registered on the ABELA database may be required to pay a fee.
Our recruitment terms and conditions apply.