- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function,
- Assist in Annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization,
- Manages and leads audit assignment process, including detailed planning of audit assignments, audit testing, and reporting in accordance with Internal Audit methodology,
- Ensures that audit assignments are focused on key risk areas, and are performed efficiently and within time and expense budgets,
- Supervises / leads / coaches other relevant staff including co-sourced audit staff where applicable,
- Documents audit findings and drafts audit reports, ensuring that audit issues are communicated and resolved as early as possible and obtaining necessary approvals of final reports before issue.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans, and
- Periodic Travelling to the branches of the Business, ensuring compliance with established controls and/or highlighting risk areas as may be identified.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration,
- A Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K)
- At least 6 years of experience in a busy Audit firm/or an organization preferably in the Healthcare Industry.
- Ability to communicate succinctly, concisely and firmly.
- Ability to keep confidentiality, and demonstrate integrity.