4G Capital is a fintech credit provider of catalytic business growth services for those in greatest need. We provide rapidly accessible and affordable unsecured loans with strict affordability criteria to prevent unmanageable debt. Our customers are small businesses and entrepreneurs who use our credit to grow their businesses to build better lives.
- Undertaking specific audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports.
- Assist in quarterly reviews of the accounting, internal controls and financial systems.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to the team leader
- Develop annual internal audit plans for approval by management and ensuring that routine audits are carried out as per agreed plan;
- Review all the policies and other statutory requirements to ensure compliance with the laid down internal controls;
- Review operations and programs activities to ensure they are consistent with established objectives and goals;
- Conduct discussions with line Managers on commencement and completion of all audits;
- Check the soundness of accounting procedures and reliability of financial records and reports;
- Conduct audit reviews of policy and compliance to standards/regulatory requirements;
- Ensure there is adherence to statutory and reporting requirements;
- Liaise with external Auditors to foster co-operation, reduce duplication of effort and ensure appropriate sharing of information;
- Guarantee complete confidentiality of records and information obtained during the course of audit jobs;
- Carry out audits and investigations
- Audit the utilization of funds disbursed to customers
- Ensure safe custody of all Audit Documentation.
- Responsible for Business Continuity Plans
- Prepare and monitor the management of annual budgets for the department;
- Develop and ensure implementation of a risk and compliance framework on the Company’s overall risk management strategies and annual work plans;
- Report to the Board Audit Committee in a timely manner on any risk related threats and advice on risk mitigation plans of identified risks;
- Create risk awareness to managers and staff on risks relevant to their departments and at individual level to enhance understanding of their accountability for their departments’ risks;
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization;
- Assist in Preparation of risk reports for stakeholders (internal);
- Advise on the shortcomings and gaps of policies and procedures of the institution to ensure compliance and give advisory during policy & procedure formulation; and
- Ensure appropriate controls and procedures are established in the key departments of organization.
- Keep abreast with regional and international trends and identify new and emerging risks in the business;
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Review and update the Anti-fraud policy as appropriate, ensuring that staff are aware of the policy and trained in how to use it;
- Maintain fraud register, provide advice on Fraud Policy and give support in event of suspected fraud, carrying out investigation as required and ensuring appropriate authorities are reported of any incidences in accordance with the statutory requirement;
- Effectiveness of audits
- Audit reports
- Collection and compilation of audit evidence
- Verification and testing for accuracy of transactions
- Risk control and management initiatives
- Defined risk management strategies
- Audit Work Plan
- Defined Risks Parameters
- Established Risk Mitigation plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional audit certifications (ACCA/CPA/CIA) finalized or in advanced stage of certification process.
- Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new regulations; where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered.
- Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
- Must have prior working experience in audit of not less than three years in a recognized organization. Experience in accredited audit firms will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in Risk Based Auditing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners.
- Exposure to various accounting systems.
- Good command of the English Language, written and communication skills in particular.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel occasionally. This travel includes fragile context operational areas within the Region.
This role involves working in a virtual /geographically dispersed / multi-culturally team.