Reporting directly to the Group CFO, the Internal Auditor will be involved in carrying out
various checks and verifications for the finance and operations of the company
to ensure that the established controls are effective and efficient and that
the internal process and systems comply with company policies and procedures.
They will work with Head of Internal Audit on a case to case basis.
Travel may be required from time to time.
· Formulate, develop and implement risk management strategies and annual audit plans;
· Develop, execute and manage core audits and advisory engagements across the group’s businesses and operations;
· Develop, review and continuously update financial, operating and internal control systems for group companies;
· Develop and update system narratives, audit program and other internal control evaluation questionnaires;
· Carry out regular and special audits of group companies and identify weaknesses and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings;
· Prepare, review and present audit reports that reflect the audit’s results and document process;
· Conduct follow up audits of management ‘s interventions and implementation of recommendations;
· Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards;
· Actively manage, motivate and develop the skills and competence level of audit staff;
· Carry out any tasks that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
· Participate in internal audit strategy formulation and planning;
· Carry out a risk assessment of the group companies’ internal controls;
· Prepare and review reports on internal audit findings and recommendations
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in audit and supervisory role
· A minimum of a Bachelors in Accounting/Finance/ Business Administration from a recognized university, coupled with a professional qualification (CPA K/ACCA)
· Knowledge of computer-aided audit software
· Must be a Kenyan citizen
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Strong management and administrative skills
· Effective planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong Business and Financial Analytical skills.