ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY ON THIS LINK PROVIDED HERE: https://grnh.se/dee1484a1
One Acre Fund’s Internal Investigations Team works under the Global Legal Department and is in charge of conducting investigations into cases of fraud, ethics, and policy violations. The Kenya Investigations Specialist will be in charge of leading the investigations team for the One Acre Fund Kenya Program, our largest and most visible country of operations, under One Acre Fund’s East Africa Legal Counsel. He or she will also help strengthen and streamline investigation processes in the country, as well as creating prevention/detection mechanisms for fraud and misconduct across the entire organization.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the investigation into cases of fraud or cases and misconduct. He or she will prepare and submit a draft and final reports to Global Legal and other stakeholders. This may include managing other investigations team staff or staff from other departments who are participating in an investigation and directing the overall team strategy.
- Develop key strategies and policies for the investigations team on an annual basis in conjunction with the Global Legal Department and Kenya Country Program’s goals.
- Manage two-experienced Internal Investigators working on other cases, review their work, oversee their investigations processes and styles, and ensure they are developing professionally.
- Lead training across the Kenya Program on topics in fraud and misconduct.
- Coordinate reporting to local legal counsel. The Kenya Investigations Specialist is expected to report or oversee the reporting by one of the department’s investigators for civil actions resulting from investigations.
- Monitor, compile and report on fraud and misconduct data to One Acre Fund’s East Africa Counsel on a quarterly basis.
HR/employment law - For candidates with a relevant HR/employment law background, this role would also include providing day-to-day legal counsel to our expanding HR team.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking qualified professionals with at least 5+ years of relevant professional work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Relevant professional work experience in a demanding environment, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, etc.
- Professional work experience preferred in the areas of Law enforcement/criminal justice, law and/or legal compliance, accounting, financial analysis, and human resources.
- Strong educational background with a university degree in law, criminal justice, accounting, or finance is preferred. Licensed attorneys are encouraged to apply as well.
- Strong oral communication skills required to prepare and present detailed reports, training, and briefings to a wide variety of audiences at the organization
- Proficiency in key programs in Microsoft Office and Google Suites such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Comfortable with basic financial analysis and the ability to synthesize data.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Strong enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced writing skills in English for providing detailed reports with strong and coherent logical analysis of data and fact patterns.
- Fluency in the English and Swahili languages is required.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.