Who are we and what are we looking for?
Baobab Circle builds cutting-edge technology to address the growing epidemic of people living with chronic health conditions like diabetes and hypertension. There are more than 100 million people across Africa are living with chronic health conditions which puts them at risk of preventable life-threatening complications. We support people to develop habits that improve their health by working at the interface of technology, artificial intelligence and the internet-of-things to provide services to our users. We are already having a positive impact on the lives of our thousands of users. We now want to scale up and expand our product offering. We are an international team with offices in London, Nairobi and Harare and partners across many countries in Africa.
We are looking for two highly motivated interns to join our team. Main tasks will be in helping us research diabetic patient needs and support the sale and marketing of our App and USSD products and physical devices.
- Research the needs of potential customers living with chronic conditions as well as related research to help us improve our products
- Collate and communicate key insights via word, excel and power-point documentation as well as verbal communication to the team
- Identify key implications of insights
- Support our efforts to market and sell our App and USSD as well as physical medical devices
Qualifications & Experience
- A go getter who is highly motivated to get things done no matter what it takes
- Independent and solution driven
- A track record of excellence throughout high school and university and beyond
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable with Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- A keen interest in making a difference with a strong interest in the medical field a plus
- Keen to learn and develop her/himself
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Proven work experience or practicum a plus
Compensation and work location
- Work location is Kilimani, Nairobi but frequent travel across Nairobi and possibly beyond as required to be expected
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Start date asap
Please send us a motivation letter (only applications with a strong application letter will be reviewed) as well as proof of experience and your graduation certificates (high school and university). Looking forward to hearing from you!