The Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI) is a leading creative media and technology training institution, offering practical courses in Film and TV Production, Mass Communication, Music Production, Sound Engineering, Animation & Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, Photography, Multimedia, and Digital Marketing.
A truly pan-African institution, ADMI hosts over 350 students from more than 10 countries at its Nairobi campus. ADMI combines high-spec technical training in creative media and technology with intensive digital and soft-skills coaching, along with a rigorous apprenticeship process, to achieve a 100% placement rate. Collectively, ADMI and its Foundation and Studios form an innovative learn-and-work social enterprise whereby young creatives get the training, mentorship and resources they need to turn their passion into a profession.
ADMI is undertaking a search to recruit a dynamic Internship Program Coordinator. The Associate will forge partnerships with local and international employer partners and ensure that all students gain the industry exposure, work experience, and apprenticeships needed to launch successful careers in their industry. The Associate will join a smart, dedicated, and fun education team and work closely with employer partners and faculty to redefine higher education for the creative industry.
If you want to help young people turn their passion into a profession and improve the relevance and quality in higher education, we’d like to hear from you!
Please send a brief cover letter and CV.
- Forge partnerships with employer partners across a variety of creative industries
- Coordinate and track 100% of students in industry exposure (e.g. conferences, workshops), work
experience, and internships
- Oversee the Internship Program, including orientation, weekly check-ins, midterm and final
performance reviews, and assignments
- Work with employer partners and interns to address any concerns that might arise
- Oversee budget for all employer-related learning and work experiences
- Coordinate student and alumni leadership activities, including Student Council and the Alumni
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to keep accurate records and budgets relating to student placements.
- Quick-learner, self-starter, problem solver
- Abile to navigate and use Google Drive
- Thrive within a fast-pace work environment as well as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding references