An Investment firm in Nairobi is seeking University graduates and young professionals between the ages of 21-35 who have attended international or local secondary schools to join our Investment Department. This position is not for candidates interested in administrative, operational, research or accounting positions.
Candidates must have a passion for Investment Banking and be able to communicate confidently with enthusiasm to corporate and high net-worth clients (HNWI’s) as they engage with them to develop actionable plans to achieve specific financial results. Successful candidates will participate in a 3-month training program. Upon successful completion, they will be reviewed to determine whether they qualify to receive a full-time contract which shall thereafter be reviewed annually.
Some of the duties associated with the Investment Executive position are:
PROSPECTING FOR NEW BUSINESS:
- Initial phone solicitation for new business (cold calling).
- Solicitation through existing social and business networks.
- Preparation of lists of prospective/ target clients & maintenance of prospect book.
CLIENT VISITATION & PRESENTATION:
- Sales presentations of financial products to Corporate and HNWI prospects.
- Maintenance and distribution of up to date marketing materials.
- Daily in-office and out of office meetings with prospects and clients.
- Emailing and discussing financial proposals.
CLIENT MAINTENANCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Servicing of existing clients on a monthly basis
- Maintenance of current product knowledge (both in the local & overseas markets), including, but not limited to product knowledge of:
- Fixed Income Securities
- Government Treasury Instruments
- Offshore Investments
- Unit Trusts
Successful Candidates for the Investment Executive position typically possess:
- An extremely outgoing, confident personality.
- Be self-motivated and be able to express themselves professionally in English.
- Have a serious interest in a long-term career in investment banking.
- An “A” level, “O” level (IGCSE), IB qualification is a plus as are other local secondary school qualifications.
- An Undergraduate degree with a minimum qualification of second-class upper honors / 3.0 Grade Point Average or above.
- A Master’s Degree and/or relevant experience will be an added advantage.
If you meet the above qualifications please submit your CV/ Resume.