The purpose of the position is to enter shipping /CFS / transportation and other payment details into our new system - cargoware and ensuring computers and network systems are in good and secure condition.
Key Performance Areas
- Confirmation/verification of received shipment of documents.
- Tracking shipments, updating customers on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation.
- Advising on additional information /documents required.
- Confirmation of invoices to ensure value tallies with customs valuation for similar items.
- Ensure documents in files are correct and in order.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues;
- Integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems;
- Integrate and configure computer networking for best performance;
- Troubleshoot and repair of hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Identify security gaps and provide relevant solutions in consultation with the Operations manager;
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Occasionally be involved in verification and physical clearance of shipments at KPA, CFS & KRA.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely management of all data entry
- Timely and correct processing of all entries to avoid penalties and cancellation.
- Timely user support
- Timely computer and systems maintenance.
- Submission of monthly and weekly ICT and entries report on all shipments handled and ant challenges encountered..
Qualification, Competencies and Skills
- Minimum professional diploma in ICT.
- Degree in ICT, or any other relevant degree an added advantage.
- Proficient in all computer application packages.
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a busy Clearing and Forwarding environment.
Competence & Skills
- Excellent communication
- Excellent presentation
- Report writing
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Market intelligence research
- Team player and of high integrity
All interested persons to submit, through email, their application, CV, academic certificates, training certificate and testimonials.
This advert runs for 14 days effective 9th March 2019 to 23rd March 2019. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.