The hotel opened its doors in April 2016. We are a boutique establishment with 86 suites and a penthouse. It is high trading under Leo Investments Limited, which is a part of the Chatur Group of Companies which consist of 3 other hotels.
- Cloud Hotel & Suites, Diamond Plaza. Parklands, Nairobi
- The Mara Concord Game Lodge, Maasai Mara
- Bahari Dhow Beach Villas, Ukunda. Diani, Mombasa
- A member of management staff committee
- Guides, motivates, trains and manages the IT teams
- Manages the ICT team and projects
- Develops appropriate policies
- Develops appropriate standards, procedures and guidelines for ICT function.
- Train all department on the ICT operations
- Areas of Responsibilities in the Server room, Conference, ICT storage room, Meeting and Events, Monitoring ICT equipment
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and one other language.
- Communication, Interpersonal, Management, Computer and Analytical skills
- Commitment to professional values and integrity.
- Able to lead and motivate the team
- Has the ability to express persuasive practical solutions.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Displays initiative
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General /Technical Knowledge
- Smooth and organized running of ICT department according to the Standards set by the management.
- Leads by personal example by following Company’s Mission / Vision & Guiding Principles.
- Complies with the Company’s Code of Conduct,
- Contribute towards the development of the ICT policy and strategy for the hotel
- Work with the Senior management to define ICT strategies to support the hotel’s strategic plan and ensure implementation and monitoring of the ICT strategy to enhance the delivery of services
- Ensure compliance with ICT regulations and advise senior management on the Kenyan and global ICT industry and the regulatory, infrastructure and commercial factors that need to be taken into account in developing the hotel’s internal ICT system and external connectivity
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of ICT infrastructure
- Maintain required ICT service performance levels so as to achieve hotel\s objectives and provide adequate performance records for review by the Senior management
- Keep and maintain proper records for the ICT function, Security and risk management
- Ensure ICT Security including user rights assignment and access control
- Monitoring of antivirus, host-based intrusion prevention and other endpoint security implementations
- Manage ICT contingency and data recovery programmes, project management and continuous improvement
- Manage ICT projects including working with process owners in preparation of business cases overseeing implementation until full benefits are realized
- Liaise with process owners to promote use of ICT in effective and efficient design and operation of all major processes including improvements to work processes
- Continuous monitoring of ICT enables investment programmes and ensuring expected benefits are realized from the provision and maintenance of appropriate ICT capabilities
- Identify emerging user needs and plan for new systems or changes to existing systems to meet user needs
- Evaluate new technologies for their potential application to business processed
- Manage ICT vendors and ensure that the hotel receives value for money for equipment and services
- Identify user training needs and recommend relevant training;
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through normal channels.
- Ensure that the organization website functions efficiently and effectively
- Ensure up to date web content
- Encourage a culture of web-based solutions to ensure optimal utilization of the web.
- Undertakes any other hotel related duties as required.
- Any other duties as will be allocated
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCES
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- ICT Degree from recognized university with relevant experience
- 5 years’ experience in medium /large busy reputable hotel.
Modalities: The IT EXECUTIVE works 6 days a week.
Reporting Relationship: The IT EXECUTIVE will report to the General Manager and will work closely with other HODs and other concerned departments.
Location: The Position holder will be based in Parklands- Nairobi.
- Copies of academic certificates or transcripts
- Copy of National Identification Card
- Good conduct certificate
How to Apply
Application MUST include an application letter highlighting suitability for the position and curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email; and names with contact addresses for 3 professional references.
Applications should be sent and must have IT EXECUTIVE as the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.