Our client is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region.
They are looking for an Information Systems Engineer to maintain, upgrade and manage their software, hardware, and networks. An ideal candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. He/she should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Deploy, manage and administer, HPE Servers, ESXi hosts, vCenter Servers, Virtual Machine Infrastructure and monitor performance as well as the perform regular healthy checks on back-ups.
- Administration and Management of NetApp ONTAP Storage Appliances.
- Primary Support Contact and administration of SAP Business One on HANA ERP System
- Deployment, Configuration and Management of Core Enterprise Systems, Applications and User security policy Management.
- Manage company File Share assess storage and virtualisation environments and make recommendations to improve reliability and performance.
- Identification and Addressing of risks to system availability, performance, reliability and security in regards to servers, storage and data.
- Design, configure, manage, and maintain network and networks services for existing devices and new devices, to facilitate efficient wired and wireless network setup and perform L2 switching and L3 routing in the the organisation Network.
- Network Deployment and availability monitoring
- Manage and administer Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Processes.
- Provide end user support, identifying root cause with strategic, fast and efficient solutions to problems.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Deployment and Administration of Security services in information systems and infrastructure and ensure 100% compliance with the set security standards.
- Develop and grow capacity in IT Information Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology/Computer Science or any other IT related discipline.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience on advanced administration of Windows Server 2012 R2, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP and Linux Servers.
- Certification on VMware and vSphere 6.5 will be an added advantage.
- Certification in Linux Server Administration.
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing and administering SAP Business One on HANA.
- Must have CCNA Certification, CCNP will be an added advantage.
- Must possess knowledge in managing NetApp Storage and Active hypervisor Environments.
- Experience working in a Datacentre environment will be an added advantage.
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Should possess knowledge in managing group policies on Active directory.
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent)