Location: 80% Nairobi
Company Name: Victory Farms Ltd
Reports to: IT Technician
Start Date: Immediate
Want to work in fantastic environment for our employees where you have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally? Want to work where the importance of individual and team contributions to the success the company is recognized?
Then you should come join us at Victory Farms as an IT Intern.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs.
The Employee’s duties and procedures which may be varied from time to time, will include amongst other responsibilities that arise during the day to day business of the Company the following:
· Assist the IT Technician in Preventive Maintenance of all Laptops, network switches, routers. printers etc...
· Assist the IT Technician maintenance of database of ICT equipment & Accessories and ensure regular updates of the database.
· Assist in the IT management of biometric clock-in machine (Setting new employees, database synchronization, employee data updates etc...)
· Assist in Assessing defective computers, printers and network equipment of Victory Farms and report on its status.
· Carry-out User support duties such as Networking troubleshooting and staff training of operating system usage, with respect to their mode of work in the various departments.
· Assist in setting up Radio equipment of the office premises, such as WIFI a/b/g/n and wireless routers according to iso IEC 1800 radio standards.
· Installation, configuration of Microsoft 365 Productivity suite and workstations, and user credentials setup.
· Setup of Corporate phones in EZOffice, installing productivity apps, contacts and other useful apps such a private zone.
· Preparing/Setting up of Laptops and other I.T assets belonging to Victory farms for employees and new ones alike.
· Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
· Working knowledge of Computer networking systems and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Excellent communication & documentation skills
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
· Passionate about technology with a strong urge to learn.
· Excellent understanding of business processes & conceptual models, strong presentation skills, training skills etc. shall be required
· Compile and issue out report on inventory of all IT equipment & Installations and ensure regular updates of same. The inventory database must be ready and operational.
· Maintain a Daily occurrence log of activities thus, issues, solution status, and escalation levels.
· Ensure that stipulated bandwidth allotted for the company are constant from ISP (up &down) and maintain working relationship with vendors and service providers as well.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in sub-Saharan Africa over the next 5 years. The Company will achieve this whilst maintaining the highest code of environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards for sustainability and following best practice, while growing to feed millions of people across Africa.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both onshore and offshore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County. The company has distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and we are rapidly expanding the farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing to keep pace with the rapid growth in production from the farm. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.