Roles and Responsibilities
· Monitor BI and Mediation applications ensuring that all downstream applications receive inputs.
· Perform data catch-up and other corrective actions in the event of faults.
· Perform data quality and consistency checks on data in the BI and Mediation applications.
· Generate and circulate daily, weekly and monthly application QOS reports.
· System administration of BI and Mediation system by ensuring system and user configurations are set up correctly.
· Handling business requests which involves carrying out feasibility study and implementation on BI & Mediation systems.
· Document BI and Mediation processes/systems and ensure they are up to date.
· Perform troubleshooting, first/second level support and resolution of issues with respective system vendors.
· Project involvement in procuring and implementation of BI and Mediation systems /upgrades.
· Involvement in system design and assess the effectiveness of technology resources already in use or new systems that are being implemented
· Redundancy and back up management - ensuring redundancy for BI and Mediation are backed up and that backup system is available and working.
· Carry out system maintenance together with system administrators and database administrators to ensure Mediation and BI systems are functioning optimally e.g. disk space check/expansion, memory & CPU checks
· Generate on-demand reports for the business users
· Training of users
Skills Requirement and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
· 5-8 years background in IT with specialization in Telecommunication B.I and Mediation applications
· Qualification in Programming / Databases and Qualification in ITIL /E-TOM
· Proficient in Unix & Microsoft OS, Unix Scripting, programming and Relational Databases
· Experience in documenting processes and system architectures
· Proven experience in implementation of projects with regards to B.I. and Mediation
· Drive and Initiative, Customer focus
· Ability to work well with others and without supervision
· Problem solving
· Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines
· Good interpersonal skills, innovative and creative