Location: 90% Nairobi 10% Homabay
Reports to: CEO
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing young companies? Victory Farms is recruiting an IT supervisor to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production.
Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a IT Supervisor
The IT Supervisor duties and responsibilities will evolve as the business’s needs grow and evolve, but will generally cover:
- Managing information technology and computer systems
- Controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations
- Managing IT staff
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Manage IT staff by training and coaching, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Proven working experience as an IT supervisor or relevant experience
- BS in Information Technology, MIS or similar field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa. The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County, and distribution across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qua lifications.