DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
- To take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve recurrent system issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Maintain a knowledge base of known issues.
- Recommend improvements to the development and systems teams regarding recurrent problems.
- Maintain an issue response and resolution SLA.
REPORTS TO: Head of IT Infrastructure
- Internal – IT team members
- External – Key client contact persons.
WHAT WORK WILL BE DONE IN YOUR ROLE
- Innovation Work: To be agreed with the supervisor
- Improvement Work: To be discussed and agreed with supervisor
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. User support
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Track issues through to resolution, within the existing SLA.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either by phone or email, until the have solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g systems administrators, software developers).
2. Process Improvement:
- Recommend, as part of a team, improvements to systems to resolve common issues.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged in the Helpdesk management system.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Communicate regularly with technical and operational staff to ensure systems reliability.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with repote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Ability to follow technical manuals from system and application vendors, and use information from them to support the system’s users.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Creative and technical problem solving skills to resolve issues or devise a new approach.
- Excellent problem-solving communication skills.
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Any security certification is an added advantage.
- Two years experience working with Linux server and Windows workstations in a fast-paced enterprise environment.
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technology is a plus.