- To analyze financial information and prepare balance sheets.
- Coordinate with management and staff to prepare budgets.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures and state regulations.
- Resolve account payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, cheques and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for financial statements.
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare income tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Complete end of month close procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related (essential).
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certificate (advantageous).
- Accounting work and customer service experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks is an advantage