Presentation of Our Client
Our Client is a project management and consultancy firm, incorporated in the Republic of Kenya, specialising in supporting infrastructure projects across Africa, with a specific focus on renewable energy, power projects and oil & gas.
Our Client offers multidisciplinary services in the areas of: Project Management, ESIA and RAP Studies, Environmental and Social Safeguards Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Technical Due Diligence and Feasibility Studies, Stakeholder Engagement, Community Development Plan, Land Acquisition, Permitting and Licensing, Support to Off-take Agreement Negotiations, Management of Procurement Strategy and Project Contract Negotiation.
Our Client has evaluated, assisted and managed the development of more than 3 GW of renewable energy power projects across Africa, including 1.5 GW of wind projects in East Africa. Our current projects include several large-scale grid-connected wind and solar power plants. We are contemplating activity development into climate, sustainable cities, rural electrification and mini-grid project sectors.
Your main tasks
The Junior Admin and Business Development Officer will report to the Managing Director and your main tasks will be to:
• Support the development, review and coordination of administrative policies, procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes;
• Support the recruitment of personnel;
• Collect, organize, and store information using computers and filing systems;
• Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate our business operations;
• Manage schedules and deadlines;
• Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints;
• Work with accounting consultant and management to set budgets and monitor spending;
• Prepare project and company accounts for validation by management;
• Initiate payroll process and payments;
• Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (e.g electricians);
• Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.);
• Support our process of verifying that operations adhere to policies and regulations;
• Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business activities;
• Lead business development and marketing activities, including participation to marketing events, website management, tender identification and preparation, and new client prospection.
Time and Place of Work
The contract is expected to start on March 1st, 2020 (but negotiable depending on any termination notice that selected Project Manager may have with his current employer) and will require the Admin and Business Development Manager to work full-time.
• Bachelor degree with minimum of 2 year working experience.
• Previous experience as administration officer or relevant position.
• Interest in business administration, human resources, accounting, and business development and marketing.
• Understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies.
• Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles.
• Degree in business administration, finance, accounting or marketing.
• Commercial mind set, Intercultural skills, Ability to work in a team, Confidentiality and maturity in handling confidential matters.
• The position requires a willingness to accept autonomy and responsibility with clear thinking and problem solving.
• Capable to successfully operate in an environment where deliverables and results are paramount and there are tight timeframes.
Skills & Attributes
• An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
• Relationship development
• Strong communication skills
• Supervisory skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superior time management, planning and organisation
• Advanced skills with Windows and Microsoft Office Products
• Independently minded and self-motivated
• Team builder
• Open and Honest
• Excellent presentation and analysis of data
• Attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits
• circa KES 50,000 monthly gross
• negotiable according to qualifications and experience
• possibility to pay in KES or USD
• discretionary end-of-year performance bonus (following probationary period), depending on company’s and personal performance.
• Health insurance (Medical cover for inpatient and outpatient)
• Employment contract
• Initial 6-month probation period
• Then, 24-month contract renewed automatically
• 2-month mutual notice
Deadline to submit applications: February 14th, 2020
Expected employment starting date: March 01st, 2020
1 your CV
2 cover letter
3 soft copy of degree / qualification (and contact information of the head of department where you graduated)
4 at least two reference letters (that must include your referee’s contact information)