The Junior Consultant will work with and under the guidance of the Head of Security, Infrastructure Services.
The Interview process will require hands-on tests.
- Monitoring and analysing email alerts from a wide array of security devices and systems (SIEM’s, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, WIPS, Systems, Networks, Antivirus, etc.)
- Help with creation of Tickets internally and externally to track all activities.
- Actively teamwork in incident response, triage and analysis.
- Prepares and maintain the Administrative Documentation, respecting internal policies.
- Maintain the integrity and security of enterprise wide systems and networks
- Provide situational awareness support to include protect, detect, respond and sustain
- As part of the team, support security initiatives through predictive and reactive analysis and articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff
- Assisting in the development of security compliance reports such a ISO27001, PCI DSS and more
- Assisting in the delivery of vulnerability assessments
- Assisting in the deployment and configuration of a range of security controls from leading vendors such as DLP, SIEM, WAF, database firewalls etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or a related tertiary qualification.
- At least one to two (1-2) years of related experience and/or training in the field of IT security monitoring
- And analysis, cyber threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, or similar cyber security related field, incident management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently or in a group as needed.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching.
- Hands-on experience using tcpdump or wireshark, Linux and windows system administration.
- Knowledge of or experience with SIEM technologies monitoring IDS/IPS alerts (McAfee, LogRythem)
- ArcSight, Splunk, FireEye, Carbon Black, Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), Snort, Intel/McAfee, WIPS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Added bonus: Technical certifications from leading vendors such as CISCO, Symantec, IBM, Imperva
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs.
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply submit your CV and Cover letter.
- Applications must be sent as ONE (1) PDF document of maximum 3 pages long (1 page for the cover letter and 2 pages for the CV)
- File name to be FIRSTNAME.SURNAME.pdf
- Deadline for application is 15th October 2019
Successful applicants will be asked to take a technical interview in order to qualify for the next stage.
The positions are open for you to start immediately!
Silensec is a leading multinational company specialized in the delivery of consultancy services, training and technology in the field of information and cyber security.
Silensec is an investor in people and the successful candidate will enjoy continuous training in order to advance the candidate’s competences and experience in the security field.
“Silensec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified persons are encouraged to Apply: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted”